Note on Defaults
The Select menu has the following options:
- New Survey: clears the current operations and starts
building a new survey
- Paste Build File: opens a window to allow the pasting in
of a build file. If you are using SurveyBuildR as an applet,
you can open the build file in a text editor and then copy the build
text to this window and then start editing your survey from the
point you left off.
- Show HTML: opens a window which will contain the HTML
code for the survey webpage. If you are running SurveyBuildR
as an applet, you can then cut and paste this text to a text editor
such as Notepad and save it as a web page. If you use a more
comprehensive editor such as Word then you will need to save it as a
- Show Build File: opens a windwo which will contain the
mark up language code for the survey that can be saved in the same
manner as the HTML file to allow later adding to or editing of the
- Show Variable Names: Shows the variable names created by SurveyBuildr structured as a comma separate file (.csv). Copy this text and paste into a file with the name Short_Title.csv. The short title comes from the start survey dialog and this file name will be the filename the data collection cgi routine is looking for. Just put this file in the folder you direct the cgi routine to and then your file will have the variable names at the beginning of tile for your stat package to read.
This menu allows you to do the operations of the file menu when run
as an application, albeit much more awkwardly.