Note on Defaults
The toolbar, shown above, allows you to start the survey, add standard
demographic questions, add not question elements, and preview the survey.
Each button is given a bit more description below:
- Start Form: must be pressed before being able to add items
to a survey. This button opens a window where you can add:
- Title to the survey which shows up at the top of the survey and in
the browser bar.
- Short Title: code for storing your survey, will be the data file
name if you use the standard cgi script.
- Server: where the cgi script is stored.
- Path to the script.
- Name of the Script
- Path to the data file
- Web address for the debriefing/thank you page for your survey.
- Demographics: opens a window where you can select standard
demographic questions to be asked. These questions cannot be edited in
SurveyBuildR. If you need your own questions, use the regular question
- Add Text: Add descriptive text or instructions to your survey.
It is not formatted but if you know HTML markup you can format your text in
- Divider: a horizontal line
- Preview: previews your survey in your default browser
without having to save the survey.